Extended Foreign Language Program
The EFL program at E.W.F. Stirrup Elementary is dedicated to developing a bilingual and biliterate curriculum. High standards are in place to ensure that each student is challenged to reach his/her full potential for the multicultural society of our times.
What is EFL?
EFL is implemented as a “school within a school” model and serves students who are interested in developing bilingual and biliterate proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Emphasizes the teaching of language arts and curriculum content in both English and Spanish
- Exposes children to foreign language instruction, which will help them to improve their verbal and mathematical skills in both languages
- Familiarizes the student with the Hispanic culture, exposing them to the richness of their bicultural heritage
- Promotes bilingualism
- Ensures students’ equal access to educational opportunities
- Prepares students to succeed in today’s competitive global market